Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sager NP7652

My new notebook/laptop has arrived yesterday, unfortunately with one stuck pixel :-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( I have searched for ways to fix it, tried some things and it seems to be fixed now. The notebook is turned off now and I am using my old notebook (Acer Ferrari 4005). Honestly, I am with fear to turn the notebook on and see the dead pixel revived from the dead (or it would be from the living :-/). When I feel more relieved for solving this problem once and for all I will write a review/howto about how Gentoo Linux run on it. Update: as I feared when I turn the notebook on the stuck pixel is there again :-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Update2: today I have left the notebook to be sent back to Sager to replace the LCD, I do not stand that bright/stuck pixel. Let's see if Sager support is better than their quality control.

Meu novo notebook/laptop chegou ontem, infelizmente, com um stuck pixel :-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Fiquei um tempão procurando maneiras para corrigí-o, tentei algumas coisas e parece estar consertado agora. O notebook está desligado agora e estou usando meu antigo notebook (Acer Ferrari 4005). Honestamente, estou com medo de ligar o notebook e ver o dead pixel ressuscitado dentre os mortos (ou seria dentre os vivos :-/). Quanto estiver mais aliviado em resolver esse problema de uma vez por todas vou escrever uma avaliação/howto sobre como o Gentoo Linux roda nele. Atualização: como eu temia quanto eu ligo o notebook o stuck pixel está lá novamente :-(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Atualização 2: hoje eu dexei o notebook para ser enviado de volta para a Sager para trocar o LCD, eu não suporto aquele pixel brilhante. Vamos ver se o suporte da Sager é melhor do que o controle de qualidade deles.

1 comment:

Sérgio Campos said...

Ei Lamarque, preciso falar com você! Aonde te acho ? Me manda um e-mail ou me telefona, por favor.

Sergio Campos.